trump is serious!!!!!

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
ex-khobar Andy

Re: trump is serious!!!!!

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Unfortunately his 'a lot of people don't know that' is probably true.

About 40% of Americans believe that the world and humans were created 10,000 years ago (more or less).

Around three million Americans believe they have been abducted by extraterrestrial clients at some point. (And in case you think I am being smug, the numbers are about the same for UK residents, proportionately.)

And something like 60 million Americans believed that, contrary to all the evidence, Trump would make a good President.

I blame the parents.

But yes, the basic point is true: Trump uses the 'a lot of people don't know that' to cover his own ignorance and that of his cohorts. See for example the Carson doctrine of the Egyptian grain silos, or Conway's Bowling Green Massacre, or his own rumination on Douglass.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

And of course it will be interesting to find the number of Americans who believe that the Donlet did not go running to Dad with the news that the Russkies had the required dirt on Hillary Clinton.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Ecstasy tablets shaped like the head of US President Donald Trump's head are being sold on UK streets.

Produced in Amsterdam, the pink and orange pills contain dangerously high levels of MDMA, the Star on Sunday reported.

One website, which offers 1,000 of the pills for £1,200, cashes in on the President's famous catchphrase, with the line: 'Trump makes partying great again.'
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

BoSoxGal wrote:Image
Ecstasy tablets shaped like the head of US President Donald Trump's head are being sold on UK streets.

Produced in Amsterdam, the pink and orange pills contain dangerously high levels of MDMA, the Star on Sunday reported.

One website, which offers 1,000 of the pills for £1,200, cashes in on the President's famous catchphrase, with the line: 'Trump makes partying great again.'
?????

MDMA is ecstasy; so it's a little puzzling what they mean.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

It means it's a very strong dose comparative to other E/MDMA tabs on the market.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

All pills are a combination of active ingredient plus fillers and binders. Even in pills with MDMA as the sole active compound, tests have shown huge variation in the amount. About 100-120 mg is a dose typically required to get the intended effect; if there were three or four times that much it would not be pleasant, but the overdose would have to be huge (like ten times as much) to be fatal.

But you inadvertently hit on a point - many if not most ecstasy pills sold contain other active ingredients, sometimes to approximate the effect of MDMA for less cost, sometimes to alter the character of the high. This is usually dangerous only if they use something like PMMA that can cause fatal overheating.

Conversely, the same studies showed that capsules were usually almost pure MDMA
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

RayThom

TRUMP IS SERIOUS!!!!!

Post by RayThom »

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Burning Petard

Hillary stole the election ! ! !

Post by Burning Petard »

POTUS has appointed a special commission to investigate the millions of fake voters that were reported for Hillary last November. This commission, before all the members were announced or it even had its first meeting, requested voter information from each state. As far as I can tell, NO state has responded with all the information requested. Some states, including Delaware, have not sent any.

Today the commission had its first meeting and POTUS was there and shared this insight for all of us:

"If any state does not want to share this information, one has to wonder what they’re worried about. And I ask the vice president and I ask the commission: What are they worried about? There’s something. There always is."

So what is POTUS worried about? When is he gonna release his tax returns?

snailgate

wesw

Post by wesw »

100% of half-assed American idiots believe American polls....

in a survey of of 1000 people, carefully selected to be non representative of the populace, it was found that all 320 million americans think that

the free press and the first amendment cannot survive without Rachel madcow and Anderson Pooper.....

now will somebody please dry hump me and feed me a banana on stage?

the free press demands it!

you guys are friggin hilarious......

I don t see how smart people could be so stupid , unless they have willfully forsaken reason in the pursuit of some perverted idea of the greater good...

sheesh....

I m surrounded by fucking lemmings.....

go ahead, you morons...., stir up civil war.....

that ll make your life better....

but don t think that it will stop there....

china and Russia will begin wars of conquest and empire as we are weakened by your petty little power struggle....

then? inevitably a nuke will be used....

then? who knows......

if it wasn t for the fact of nuclear destruction I d tell you all to go ahead, burn this mother down.... there are too many people on earth any way.....

we need a good house cleaning.

but, nuclear holocaust may be too much for old mother earth to swallow.....

and that would be sad.....

there won t be enough chimps gorrillas orangs and bonobos left to start over......

it is a shame that the Neanderthals lost out.....

maybe we will get lucky and a solar storm or a shift in the earths polarity will render most technology useless....

we can only hope....

better to lose half of everything than to lose it all, I think....

it ll be one hot and hungry summer in the cities.......

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

sheesh....

I m surrounded by fucking lemmings.....
Posting from a Trump rally, are you wes?
ImageImageImage

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

:funee:
~ Carl Sagan

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Once again he comes in and mentions civil war out of the blue. :roll:
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Spicey is out. Damn, I'm kind of sad, but I'll miss Melissa McCarthy more than I will miss him. Some credit given, however, for quitting because he didn't agree with the choice of Scaramucci for Communications Director. If only others in that administration would have some kind of backbone.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Crackpot wrote:Once again he comes in and mentions civil war out of the blue. :roll:
What else would you expect. He's taking a page from his idol, and trying to threaten, bluster, and intimidate. It's both comical and sad.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I just want a country where I don't hear talentless performers like Hank Jr. The Hank Sr is great, even when he is selling Hadacol, Hank III is much better than the norm, but Hank Jr. is an offense to the genre.

snailgate

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Let me know when wesw's civil war starts.  I wanna bag me a traitor or two.
-"BB'-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

the free press and the first amendment cannot survive without Rachel madcow and Anderson Pooper....
Just what was your point with that wes? (Beyond the junior high school level cleverness of name satirizing)

Are you saying it would be perfectly acceptable to you for Maddow and Cooper to be banned from broadcasting? If Trump were to try to shutdown CNN and MSNBC entirely would that be fine with you? (And maybe throw in the Washington Post and New York Times for good measure)

Is that comment just yet another expression of your utter contempt for the Constitution and the rule of law?
ImageImageImage

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I came across this description of Louis XIV:
Petty and mediocre in all except his lusts and power, the
Sun King disturbed and harried mankind during more than
fifty years of arrogant pomp.
Winston Churchill wrote this in his history of his ancestor, Lord Marlborough (1650-1722) in the thirties. I wonder what he would make of DJ Trump.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I'm thinking, much the same?
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:I came across this description of Louis XIV:
Petty and mediocre in all except his lusts and power, the
Sun King disturbed and harried mankind during more than
fifty years of arrogant pomp.
Winston Churchill wrote this in his history of his ancestor, Lord Marlborough (1650-1722) in the thirties. I wonder what he would make of DJ Trump.
BoSoxGal wrote:I'm thinking, much the same?
I just take relief in the fact that, even allowing for the worst-case scenario, it will be a much shorter time frame with regard to Lord Drumpff.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?