TRUMP: And Your Breath Stinks, Too

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
RayThom

TRUMP: And Your Breath Stinks, Too

Post by RayThom »

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Lord Jim

Re: TRUMP: And Your Breath Stinks, Too

Post by Lord Jim »

Once again, good ol' Ana nails it:

"70 year old manbaby"...

:clap: :ok
ImageImageImage

rubato

Post by rubato »

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

In the rich history of this country, we've been blessed as a nation to have a handful of truly great Presidents...

And we've also had many mediocre Presidents...

We've had competent Presidents, incompetent Presidents, psychologically well-centered Presidents and some that were that were afflicted with raging insecurity...

We've had venal Presidents, dishonest Presidents, ego-maniac Presidents...

We've had intellectually brilliant Presidents and Presidents that weren't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed...

But I believe this is the very first time in American history, where we have a President who is just a flat out Filthy PIG...

As Ana says it's disgusting and embarrassing, (man if I wasn't married I'd be trying to hook up with her...what a gal :ok ) but what's even more depressing then having a filthy pig for a President, (which is plenty depressing enough) is that there are apparently millions of my fellow Americans who think this kind of filthy pig behavior is just spiffy in a President...

How anyone with children, (especially anyone with daughters...I'm lookin' at you wes) can defend or rationalize this filthy pig's filthy piggishness, is beyond mind boggling to me... :shrug :loon

They should be absolutely ashamed of themselves, but apparently they have no shame...
Last edited by Lord Jim on Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

dales

Post by dales »

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

What happened to Melania's anti-cyber bullying campaign? :shrug
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I'm sure she'd say this isn't bullying, it's payback for the shameful way in which the media treats Donny boy.

Face it, you can rationalize a lot when there's a pot of gold as big as Donald's at the (hopefully soon) end of his rainbow. :roll:

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Donald Trump is not well

By Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough June 30 at 5:10 AM

President Trump launched personal attacks against us Thursday, but our concerns about his unmoored behavior go far beyond the personal. America’s leaders and allies are asking themselves yet again whether this man is fit to be president. [Presumably at this point they are asking themselves that as a rhetorical question] We have our doubts, but we are both certain that the man is not mentally equipped to continue watching our show, “Morning Joe.”

The president’s unhealthy obsession with “Morning Joe” does not serve the best interests of either his mental state or the country he runs. Despite his constant claims that he no longer watches the show, the president’s closest advisers tell us otherwise. That is unfortunate. We believe it would be better for America and the rest of the world if he would keep his 60-inch-plus flat-screen TV tuned to “Fox & Friends.”

For those lucky enough to miss Thursday’s West Wing temper tantrum, the president continued a year-long habit of lashing out at “Morning Joe” while claiming to never watch it. During his early-morning tirade, Mr. Trump spit out schoolyard insults about “low I.Q. Crazy Mika,” “Psycho Joe” and much worse. He also fit a flurry of falsehoods in his two-part tweetstorm.

Mr. Trump claims that we asked to join him at Mar-a-Lago three nights in a row. That is false. He also claimed that he refused to see us. That is laughable.

The president-elect invited us both to dinner on Dec. 30. Joe attended because Mika did not want to go. [Trump apparently lives in a fantasy where people are constantly begging to be in his presence]After listening to the president-elect talk about his foreign policy plans, Joe was asked by a disappointed Mr. Trump the next day if Mika could also visit Mar-a-Lago that night. She reluctantly agreed to go. After we arrived, the president-elect pulled us into his family’s living quarters with his wife, Melania, where we had a pleasant conversation. We politely declined his repeated invitations to attend a New Year’s Eve party, and we were back in our car within 15 minutes.

Mr. Trump also claims that Mika was “bleeding badly from a face-lift.” That is also a lie.

Putting aside Mr. Trump’s never-ending obsession with women’s blood, Mika and her face were perfectly intact, as pictures from that night reveal. And though it is no one’s business, the president’s petulant personal attack against yet another woman’s looks compels us to report that Mika has never had a face-lift. If she had, it would be evident to anyone watching “Morning Joe” on their high-definition TV. She did have a little skin under her chin tweaked, but this was hardly a state secret. Her mother suggested she do so, and all those around her were aware of this mundane fact.

More significant is Mr. Trump’s continued mistreatment of women. It is disturbing that the president of the United States keeps up his unrelenting assault on women. From his menstruation musings about Megyn Kelly, to his fat-shaming treatment of a former Miss Universe, to his braggadocio claims about grabbing women’s genitalia, the 45th president is setting the poorest of standards for our children.

We were heartened to hear a number of Republican lawmakers call out Mr. Trump for his offensive words and can only hope that the women who are closest to him will follow their examples. It would be the height of hypocrisy to claim the mantle of women’s empowerment while allowing a family member to continue such abusive conduct.

We have known Mr. Trump for more than a decade and have some fond memories of our relationship together. But that hasn’t stopped us from criticizing his abhorrent behavior or worrying about his fitness. During the height of the 2016 presidential campaign, Joe often listened to Trump staff members complain about their boss’s erratic behavior, including a top campaign official who was as close to the Republican candidate as anyone.

We, too, have noticed a change in his behavior over the past few years. Perhaps that is why we were neither shocked nor insulted by the president’s personal attack. The Donald Trump we knew before the campaign was a flawed character but one who still seemed capable of keeping his worst instincts in check.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 7a1b2793cf

Mika Brzezinski, Joe Scarborough: Trump threatened us with National Enquirer story

MSNBC hosts Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough alleged on Friday that White House officials threatened them with a negative National Enquirer story that they said would only be pulled if they asked President Trump for help.

"This year, top White House staff members warned that the National Enquirer was planning to publish a negative article about us unless we begged the president to have the story spiked," they wrote in a Washington Post op-ed. "We ignored their desperate pleas."

The two elaborated on the plot during their Friday show.

"We got a call that, 'Hey, the National Enquirer is going to run a negative story against you guys.' And it was — Donald is friends, the president is friends with the guy that runs the National Enquirer. And they said, 'If you call the president up and you apologize for your coverage, then he will pick up the phone and basically spike this story,'" Scarborough said during Friday's show.

"I will just say, three people at the very top of the administration calling me ... I don't know what they have. Run a story? I'm not going to do it. The calls kept coming. And kept coming. And they were like, 'Call. You need to call. Please call. Come on, Joe. Just pick up the phone and call him,'" Scarborough said.

"It's blackmail," Mika Brzezinski added. "And let me explain what they were threatening. They were calling my children. They were calling close friends ... And our response talking to my ex-husband and Joe and my kids was screw it, let them run it. Go ahead and run it, we're not calling."

Scarborough said Trump called him during the campaign to tell him he had his friend at the National Enquirer write negative stories about campaign foes Dr. Ben Carson and Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/mika- ... le/2627541

To me, this is possibly the most disturbing revelation to come out of this....

A POTUS, who is such a thug, that he enlists the help of a dirtbag scandal sheet owner to try to intimidate news show hosts into ceasing their criticism of him. And not just trying to blackmail them with the threat of running a story, but also stalking and harassing their kids. And then on top of all of that, having his lackeys repeatedly call offering to have the story spiked if they would just call Trump and beg for his forgiveness.

Yet another chapter in the continuing saga, "You just can't make this shit up"...

And of course, Trump was lying about Morning Joe's viewership as well:
Trump Is Wrong Lies About MSNBC's 'Morning Joe' Ratings

President Trump is now supplying misleading viewer information lying about another cable TV network -- MSNBC -- and its “Morning Joe” show.

Early this morning, Trump tweeted: “I heard poorly rated @Morning_Joe speaks badly of me (don't watch anymore). Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came..”

In May, “Morning Joe” was up 56% over its 2016 total viewer average to a Nielsen 1.06 million total average viewers. The show is also up 53% among key 25-54 viewers to 254,000. For all of 2016, the show averaged 677,000 viewers and 166,000 adult viewers ages 25-54.

May results for "Morning Joe" are also higher than its average second-quarter 2017 viewer data -- 997,000 total viewers and 236,000 viewers ages 25-54.

As of May, the MSNBC show is currently in second place in total viewers and third place among 25-54 viewers against other cable news programs in the 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. time period. Fox News Channel's “Fox & Friends” leads with 1.64 million viewers and 372,000 25-54 viewers. CNN’s “New Day” is at 682,000 total viewers and 255,000 25-54 viewers.

All cable news networks have seen sharp viewership spikes in ratings since the November election.

Earlier this week, Trump offered incorrect information lied about CNN ratings, tweeting: “Ratings way down!”
https://www.mediapost.com/publications/ ... tings.html

And I'll be very surprised if this morning's program doesn't turn out to be the shows highest rated ever...
ImageImageImage

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

And the beat goes on...
Trump claims Joe Scarborough asked him to spike a National Enquirer article

President Trump claimed on Friday morning that MSNBC co-host Joe Scarborough lied about how he said he responded to the White House threatening to publish a negative story about him and co-host Mika Brzezinski in the National Enquirer.

"Watched low rated @Morning_Joe for first time in long time. FAKE NEWS. He called me to stop a National Enquirer article. I said no! Bad show," Trump wrote around 9 a.m., just as the show went off the air.

Scarborough responded on Twitter within minutes of Trump's comment.

"Yet another lie. I have texts from your top aides and phone records. [Those folks must be sweatin' bullets] Also, those records show I haven't spoken with you in many months," Scarborough wrote.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump ... le/2627543

Oh dear me...

Who to believe, Donald Trump or Joe Scaborough...

The fact is, that whenever it's a "who do you believe?" situation and one of the two names involved is "Donald Trump" you don't even need to know the other name to know who to believe...

Who has less credibility than Donald Trump? I'm hard put to come up with a single name...

"Who do I believe, Donald Trump or Charles Manson? Why Charlie of course..."

"Who do I believe, Donald Trump or Bernie Madoff? Bernie, hands down..."

ETA:

Okay, I guess if the question was:

"Who do I believe, Donald Trump or Kim Jong-un?"

or:

"Who do I believe, Donald Trump or Bashir al-Assad?"

It would be a coin toss...

I might say the same thing for "Who do I believe, Donald Trump or Vladimir Putin?" but they never disagree...
ImageImageImage

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

The Resident at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue is a deeply, deeply disturbed individual. God help us all.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Any chance Mrs. Trump can step in and take over to rescue the nation, the way Nancy did for Saint Reagan?

snailgate

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

From Andrew Sullivan in NY Mag:
  • There is no precedent for this behavior in the Oval Office in American history, even in Nixon’s deranged final days. The case for impeachment seems to me, at this point, far less salient than the invocation of the 25th Amendment. If someone this unstable, this delusional, and this unwell cannot be removed from office, who can?
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Conway: Media coverage of Trump ‘neither productive nor patriotic’

Counselor to the president Kellyanne Conway said Friday that she supports President Donald Trump’s use of social media to attack his opponents, especially when so much of the media coverage of him is “neither productive nor patriotic.”

Asked Friday on ABC’s “Good Morning America” if she condoned the president’s lashing out against Scarborough and Brzezinski, Conway stopped short of saying she approved of the specific attacks but said she supports his use of social media to defend himself.

“I like the fact that the president uses social media platforms to connect directly with Americans [yeah, I'll just bet you do...gotta say that when the boss is watching...]and in this case, what [White House spokeswoman] Sarah Sanders said yesterday is true, that the president normally does not draw first blood. He is a counterpuncher as he said on the campaign trail,” Conway said. “There are personal attacks about his physicalities, about his fitness for office. He’s called a goon, thug, mentally ill, talking about dementia, armchair psychologists all over television every day.

“It doesn’t help the American people to have a president covered in this light,” she continued. “I’m sorry. It’s neither productive nor patriotic. The toxicity is over the top.”
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/3 ... cks-240139

Here's a clue for you Kellyanne:

The reason that your boss is called unfit for office, a goon, a thug, and mentally ill, is because his behavior reveals him to be someone who is unfit for office, a goon, a thug, and mentally ill...(I notice you didn't include "pathological liar"; I guess you don't want to take issue with that one...)

It would be journalistic malfeasance and a gross disservice to the public, (and yeah, unpatriotic) for the news media to ignore these facts and not report on them...

I agree that it's terrible to have a President portrayed in the press as unfit for office, a goon, a thug, and mentally ill...

It's even worse to have a President who actually is unfit for office, a goon, a thug, and mentally ill, and therefore fully deserving of that portrayal...

Which is what we've got...
ImageImageImage

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

There was a time, ten years or more ago, when I never would have dreamed that I would be on Joe Scarborough's side on anything.

Plus ça change . .

i think Andrew Sullivan has it exactly right. I am not sure I could ever accept a President Pence but there comes a point when the alternative, no matter how bad, is preferable to the current situation.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Well, there he goes again...
Trump Carries on His Morning Joe Attack

President Trump again attacked MSNBC hosts Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough on Saturday morning, dragging out a feud that has been criticized by both Republicans and Democrats. The President is spending the Fourth of July weekend at his golf club in Bedminister, New Jersey, and he began a series of tweets by congratulating Canada on its 150th birthday. But he quickly returned to his familiar hobby of trashing the media.

[NOTE: I have bookmarked the site I mentioned in another thread, https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot that converts Trump's tweets into official Presidential Statements (which is afterall, what his spokes minions have admitted they are) and from now on I will use that version whenever quoting his tweets]
https://www.theatlantic.com/news/archiv ... ck/532485/

So another day, and yet another example of a President who has utter contempt for the dignity of the Office he holds...

Crazy and Dumb As A Rock Donald, clearly has some sort of unquenchable obsession with Joe and Mika (particularly Mika)...

(He appears to be on some sort of quest to make Morning Joe the highest rated program in all of television news...)

And he purses this bizarre obsession (as he has with so many other bizarre obsessions) with absolutely no regard for the effect it has on his ability to accomplish anything substantive as President, or the image of him that it projects to the country and to the world...

Last edited by Lord Jim on Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

dales

Post by dales »

Malignant Narcissism?
Psychiatrists say Trump is mentally ill

June 30, 2017 2:08 pm | by DOUG THOMPSON - Opinion

Negative responses and condemnation continue to rain down on President Donald Trump after his crude insults against “Morning Joe” co-host Mika Brzezinski Thursday in two of his often acerbic tweets on Twitter.

“It is really not normal that the president of the United States and the commander-in-chief would be tweeting about somebody’s face,” says longtime Republican strategist Liz Mair. “It does not conform to the normals that we expect and we treat as pretty set in stone in this country. It is also strange.”

“Strange” is one of the milder terms that has even brought condemnation and concern from more than three dozen Republicans in Congress.

“This has to stop,” says Republican Senator Susan Collins of Maine. “We all have a job — three branches of government and media. We won’t have to get along, but we must show respect and humility.”

“We make a big deal that Harry Truman told off a newspaper critic for writing a bad receive of his daughter’s music concert,” says presidential historian Douglas Brinkley at Rice University. “How G-rated is that compared to what Donald Trump has done?

MSNBC host Nicolle Wallace, White House communications chief for George W. Bush, says “as someone who once proudly called myself a Republican, the party will be permanent associated with misogyny if leaders don’t step up and demand a retraction.”

Republicans who have raised issues about Trump in the past, and came under fire from the GOP leadership for doing so, are now saying “I told you so.”

Personally, that a pretty demoralizing feeling,” Mair told The Washington Post. “A lot of people hoped that things would be different once he got into the office, but the guy’s been on this earth for seven decades. You can’t really change his behavior after all that.”

Increasing numbers, including psychiatrists, are raising questions about Trump’s mental state and his capacity to be President.

Mental health professionals say Trump suffers from “malignant narcissism.”

Writes psychologist John Gartner, the founder of “Duty to Warn,” and who taught in the Department of Psychiatry at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine for 28 years:

His narcissism is evident in his “grandiose sense of self-importance … without commensurate achievements.” From viewing cable news, he knows “more about ISIS than the generals” and believes that among all human beings on the planet, “I alone can fix it.” His “repeated lying,” “disregard for and violation of the rights of others” (Trump University fraud and multiple sexual assault allegations) and “lack of remorse” meet the clinical criteria for anti-social personality. His bizarre conspiracy theories, false sense of victimization, and demonization of the press, minorities and anyone who opposes him are textbook paranoia. Like most sadists, Trump has been a bully since childhood, and his thousands of vicious tweets make him perhaps the most prolific cyber bully in history.

In a conference of psychiatrists at Yale University earlier this year, Gartner warned that Trump suffers “a dangerous mental illness” and is not fit to lead the United States.

“We have an ethical responsibility to warn the public about Donald Trump’s dangerous mental illness,” he told the conference.

Dr. Brandy Lee, assistant clinical professor in the Yale Department of Psychiatry, said “some prominent psychiatrists have noted Trump’s mental health is the elephant in the room. I think the public is really starting to catch on and widely talk about this now.”
“I’ve worked with some of the most dangerous people our society produces, directing mental health programs in prisons,” says James Gilligan, a psychiatrist and professor at New York University.

How dangerous is Trump? Gilligan adds:

I’ve worked with murderers and rapists. I can recognise dangerousness from a mile away. You don’t have to be an expert on dangerousness or spend fifty years studying it like I have in order to know how dangerous this man is.

“I am very concerned about what this once again reveals about the president of the United States. It’s strange,” says Brzezinski. “It does worry me about the country.”

Adds her co-host, former Republican Congressman Joe Scarborough, who is also engaged to Brzezinski: “We had so many people saying, ‘Hey, hope you’re okay’. . . We’re okay. The country is not.”

Wrote both in an Op-Ed for The Washington Post Friday:

President Trump launched personal attacks against us Thursday, but our concerns about his unmoored behavior go far beyond the personal. America’s leaders and allies are asking themselves yet again whether this man is fit to be president. We have our doubts, but we are both certain that the man is not mentally equipped to continue watching our show, “Morning Joe.”

Trump called Scarborough “Psycho Joe” in his tweets. In the article Friday, he said the White House threatened a negative tabloid story from the National Enquirer until they made nice with Trump and asked him to get the paper’s publisher and friend, David Packer to kill the story.

Reported J. Freedom du Lac and Jenna Johnson:

“This year, top White House staff members warned that the National Enquirer was planning to publish a negative article about us unless we begged the president to have the story spiked,” they wrote. “We ignored their desperate pleas.”

“That’s blackmail,” said “Morning Joe” team member Donnie Deutsch.

They also reported:

In their op-ed, the MSNBC hosts fact-checked the president’s Thursday tweets, writing that they contained “a flurry of falsehoods.”

Mr. Trump claims that we asked to join him at Mar-a-Lago three nights in a row. That is false. He also claimed that he refused to see us. That is laughable.

The president-elect invited us both to dinner on Dec. 30. Joe attended because Mika did not want to go. After listening to the president-elect talk about his foreign policy plans, Joe was asked by a disappointed Mr. Trump the next day if Mika could also visit Mar-a-Lago that night. She reluctantly agreed to go. After we arrived, the president-elect pulled us into his family’s living quarters with his wife, Melania, where we had a pleasant conversation. We politely declined his repeated invitations to attend a New Year’s Eve party, and we were back in our car within 15 minutes.

“It was amazing how many lies he packed into two tweets,” Brzezinski said Friday.

Of Trump’s claim that Brzezinski was “bleeding badly from a facelift,” she and Scarborough wrote in their op-ed: “That is also a lie.”

Bottom line?

Donald Trump is a crazy egomaniac. Even worse, he has the authority to order dropping a nuclear bomb on anyone or anything that displeases his warped mind.
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/66910

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

rubato wrote:Vincente Fox takes down Donny Trump.
yrs,
rubato
Just in case you are ever on Jeopardy, and the statement is PRESIDENT OF MEXICO from December 2000 to November 2006, be sure to answer '' Who was Vicente Fox?". There is no N in Vicente. Don't feel bad. It's a common Anglo mistake.

¿Esta's seguro de que tu nombre es Rubato?
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Yes there is.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

There is no N in Vicente.
You want to take another look at that, MG? 8-)
ImageImageImage

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Technically he is correct. There is no capital N in Vicente... :mrgreen: